Tips to keep your blood sugar level in the target area or range.



Hey guys,


I remember promised to be back with tips to keep your blood sugar level in the target area or range. Now and so sorry I took so long but now am back with the promise. I made quite a lot of research on that. In other words I took it personal because my blood sugar is a bit high, not too high though, but I have to do all things possible to bring it to where it’s meant to be. (Target range).
I think I said earlier, am not this type of person that loves taking drugs that much, I don’t know why but I just believe in correcting and preventing some health issues naturally. i.e. through what I eat most especially, my daily activities,( take a stroll every evening) , play soccer, laugh a lot etc.
So I came up with a few things you can practice to keep your blood sugar level in the target range or area and they are just the things am practicing now a days.

·         Lose those weights.
I am a really slim dude so I don’t have much of a problem with this, but for my friends out there with some extra weight, this one is for you guys. The more fat stored up in your body, the more the action of insulin is reduced in your body. Insulin here performs a function of reducing blood glucose or blood sugar level. Losing quite a number of weight daily by one means or the other is going to reduce the risk of having high blood sugar, also reducing the chances of developing any type of diabetes.
 


·         Make sure you eat all your meals.
Research has suggested that eating regularly spaced meals helps speed up the action of insulin. Well, because of my daily activities, sometimes am always forced to skipping meals. Am guilty of this.

 

·         Always go for the grains.
Whole grains like wheat, wheat bread, pastas, corn meals, oats, etc. are very good options when it comes to boosting the action of insulin. This will also help you and your body to meet the required intake of fiber. They help provide vitamins and also supplement for other nutrients which the body needs. Yeah, corn meals and oats still remain my favorites.

 

·         Get that body exercised.
As we all know, regular physical activities and exercises helps to lower blood glucose (blood sugar) by a great margin. 30mins of well moderated exercises daily can go a long way. Here is where my soccer playing and street jugging come to play.

 

·         Avoid much of DAIRY products.
Yogurt, cheese and other dairy products contains protein, calcium needed by the body and some other important nutrients too but also they contain lots of fat. Your body needs fat, but I wouldn’t recommend dairy fat. Your body needs fat from healthier sources.
Eat more of nuts for healthy fat, have it at the back your mind that even healthy fats have lots of calories, so you better mind how you eat them.

 
Please leave a comment if you found this post useful or you have anything you wish was included.
Thank you. 

Comments

  1. Insightful post..I'd reduce my intake of dairy products

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, yes u should, u know i wanna see you live long..lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 habits to practice

8 Reasons Why You Should Always Drink Water